Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.
Office Manager Cover Letter
Office Managers make sure daily operations at an office run smoothly. Some of their specific duties are managing filing systems, using office equipment and software, managing budgets, ordering and replenishing office supplies, helping with staff recruitment, identifying training needs, and attending conferences and other industry events. They are also responsible for adhering to health and safety policies.
Based on our selection of sample cover letters for Office Manager, the most sought-after skills for this job include:
- Organizational and time management abilities
- The ability to work under pressure and to multitask
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Working independently and in a team
- Project management and deadline orientation
- Communication and people skills
- Computer proficiency
Some of these skills are visible in the Office Manager example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Office Manager Samples.
Dear Mr. Sauer:
As a skilled administrative professional with comprehensive experience coordinating office operations and performing detailed administrative support functions, I am positioned to make a significant contribution to Whitecore as your next Office Manager.
My background encompasses more than 10 years of experience performing HR responsibilities, managing office equipment and communications systems, developing office policies, and coordinating meetings and special events. With my insightful ability to stimulate effective communication and organizational procedures, I excel at managing projects, overseeing phone and filing systems, and providing exceptional service while partnering with all levels of management to support corporate objectives.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Expertly performing a variety of administrative operations, including staff recruitment and onboarding, document processing, database management, billing / invoicing, and scheduling.
- Demonstrating unparalleled dedication to providing outstanding administrative support for fast-paced senior management teams while streamlining operations and achieving organizational success.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in staff training, event planning, and general office administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Christina K. Lippert