Students like writing compare and contrast essays as they have enough space for creativity. Such papers allow expressing your thoughts regarding some contradictive issues. It makes more fun to draw a parallel between two people or objects instead of describing a single issue.
It does not mean, however, that compare and contrast essay is an easy assignment to complete. There are so many possible compare and contrast essay topics, and some of them are hard to carry out.
Keys to Writing Compare & Contrast Essay
Before you start, it is crucial to choose topics that you really know well. Most often, you should find two things that have enough differences and similarities. You can take two pets, cats and dogs, while comparing a food (i.e., banana) with music (i.e., hard rock) basically, makes no sense.
Of course, if you're a part of Arts class where tutor appreciates uncommon parallelism, you may try your luck in your compare and contrast essay. You may talk about a sense of taste and the book of your favorite author. For instance, you may try to explain how it tastes to be Dracula. Or you can highlight how it smells to be Jean-Baptiste Grenouille from famous novel Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. Such creative comparisons are often appreciated and awarded with more than "A." Original and unexpected compare and contrast essay topics serve as your ticket to special universities where Arts are studied. Along with a personal statement written by professional writers, such essay will increase your chances to get enrolled.
Sources to be Used
In any case, writing about things to compare and contrast is an activity which requires your full attention and creativity. But when you have to compare things objectively, you should operate facts. Just like an argumentative essay, your text will need corresponding evidence. Search for the primary and secondary sources on the given topics before you start your first draft. Make sure these sources are no older than 5 years. They should be as relevant as possible. Don't forget to apply only credible sources to reveal your topics. Those are:
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
CHECK OUT QUICK SOLUTION TO YOUR TASK
How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
The traditional essay tips won't work with compare and contrast paper. We have gathered the best ideas online to share with students. If you write such assignment for the first time in your school or college life, read information from us.
You need to keep in mind the most common writing mistakes school and college students make to avoid them.
Start with the type of your compare and contrast essay topic. The topics are divided into 4 different groups:
- Events (point to the differences and similarities of some historical events or episodes from the book)
- Situations (choose to compare two different cases or episodes from your life)
- People or fiction characters (choose the story)
- Places (describe different locations)
No matter what comparison and contrast topics you write on, you need to keep to the traditional structure of the academic paper.
Start with a capturing and interesting hook. Outline what your topic is. Point to the main argument of your topic known as a thesis statement. This sentence or two usually come in the last sentence of your first paragraph.
- Developing your arguments
You need to research your topic to choose three claims. Include evidence with the supporting points next to each argument. There should be up to three supporting points in each body paragraphs.
- Refuting opponent's arguments
This time, you need to research the topic to view the facts that contradict your thesis. It is important to choose at least one example and develop a paragraph with the counter-argument as well. Write down maximum two opposing views followed by a couple of your refutations.
Restate your thesis statement and stress why your side is right once again.
You can learn more information on the structure of five-paragraph paper online.
Writing Tips Used by Smart American College Students
Moreover, use such helpful words as "because,""for example," "the writer mentioned...," "according to the book/movie," "from the given reading, we know that...," "on the following page, I have found..."
"Why do you believe Americans will win the next Olympic games?"
"According to the reading I have found in my college library, their team showed better results than Canadians during the last games."
- Check possible examples of compare and contrast essays when working in your hook sentence. It has a great influence on the reader's decision whether to read your text on a specific topic or not. You may add numbers, figures, facts - whatever to make your reader interested. On the whole, there are many types of hooks:
- Anecdotes and jokes
- Literary quotes
- Quotes of famous people
- Lines from poetry
- Setting scenes
- Scientific facts
- Questions and rhetorical questions
- Metaphors and similes
- Thesis statements
We think it is better to write a thesis statement in the last sentence of the argumentative essay’s introduction to conclude.
- Brainstorm all the time. The best way to decide on two good compare and contrast topics to analyze is to brainstorm and write down possible versions on a blank paper. Once you choose the subjects, you have to organize your thoughts. Prepare a table where you will mention both similarities and differences between the two subjects.
- Get professional help and examples. Find online educational services which help to choose some good sources on the given topic. Those can be movies, books, articles, etc. It is the last pre-writing stage which is known as a literature review. School and college students conduct in-depth research to enrich their compare and contrast essay drafts with important details. If you miss any words to finish your essay, a literature review is a brilliant way to reach the necessary word count.
- Don't forget about the formatting and in-text citations. Apply direct and indirect quotes to make your text longer and more persuasive. Citations will serve as the strong evidence to support your compare and contrast topics.
It was just a short preview of every section of your compare and contrast paper in English. Selecting the proper topics might take a while if you don't have a list of sample topics in front of you. We are ready to share the best compare and contrast essay subjects with you right now. You may use any example as the subject for your comparative essay when the theme is not assigned to you.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College Students
We have divided the topics into several categories to make it easier to select one. The list starts with the most relevant subjects college students usually discuss. Other categories are full of great ideas too.
- School vs. College: What's New?
- Students Who Work and Unemployed Students: Who Takes the Best of This Life?
- Research Paper and Essay: What Is More Responsible?
- American English vs. British English: Major Differences
- What Makes Education and Employment Similar?
- SAT and TOEFL: Differences and Similarities
- How Are Master Degree and Ph.D. different?
- Persuasive and Argumentative Paper: Different or the Same
- Traditional Education or Remote Learning?
History and Political Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Comparison of Lincoln's and Washington' Ideas
- Renaissance vs. Baroque Epoch
- Anthropology vs. Religious Studies
- American Government vs. Soviet Government
- US President vs. UK Prime Minister
- North and South Before the Civil War in the US
- Henry VIII vs. King Louis XIV
- Fascism and Nazism: Different or the Same?
- World War I and World War II: Difference in Events
Compare and Contrast Topics for Beginners
- Compare Apple and Orange
- Night Time and Day Time: Advantages Each Period Has
- What Makes People Completely Different from Animals
- Living in Poverty and Being Rich
- Coffee and Tea: The Effects of Both
- Living in Big City or Staying in Village
- Feeling Sad against Feeling Lonely
- Differences and Similarities between American and British Traditional Dishes
- Camping in the Woods or Resting by the Sea?
Opposite Things to Compare and Contrast
- Females and Males
- Coke vs. Pepsi
- Red vs. White
- Country in War Compared to Country in Peace
- Driving a Car or Riding a Bus
- Love and Hatred
- Bad and Good Aspects of Overwork
- Moon and Sun
- Dolls or Soft Toys: What Should Parents Buy to Their Children?
Ideas Teenagers May Use in Their Papers
- Childhood vs. Adulthood
- Living at Home or Living on Campus
- Reading or Watching Screened Versions: What Teens Prefer
- Working in Office or Being a Freelancer?
- Academic Writing vs. Scientific Writing
- TV Shows and Radio Shows: What Is More Trendy?
- Education or Professional Career: What Is Easier and What Is More Difficult?
- Greek and Roman Culture: Differences and Similarities
- Comparing Art and Science Classes
TIME TO BUY YOUR ESSAY HERE!
IT & Social Media Compare & Contrast Ideas
- E-mail or Traditional Mailing: What Will Happen in the Future?
- Online vs. Traditional Commerce
- Online Dating vs. Real-Life Relations
- Computer Games, Video Games, or Smartphone Games
- Choosing between New York Times and Forbes
- FaceBook or MySpace: Which Social Network Offers More Opportunities?
- Searching for Job Online or Traditionally?
- Using Online Writing Services against Traditional Writing Services
- Benefits Marketing Specialists Get from Using Online Advertising vs. Traditional One
Movie & Music Compare and Contrast Themes
- Buffy, the Vampire Slayer or Charmed?
- Books against Movies: Why Reading Is Preferred
- Jazz vs. Rock
- Sam vs. Frodo Baggins (Lord of the Rings)
- Gandalf vs. Dumbledore
- American Cinematography vs. Soviet Union Cinematography
- Thor and Loki: Friends or Enemies According to Movie of 2009?
- Horror Films and Thrillers: What's in Common?
- Harry Potter or Draco Malfoy?
Literature Compare & Contrast Ideas
- Comedy vs. Drama
- Greek vs. Roman Mythology
- Beauty and the Beast: Lessons Learned
- Prose or Lyrics: What People Prefer More and Why?
- Poetry of XIII Century and Nowadays Lyrics
- Shakespeare's Othello Compared to Hamlet
- Fiction or Non-Fiction Literature: When You May Need Different Types?
- Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter: Which Fantasy Book Is Better?
- Literature of the Past against Literature of the Future
Scientific Compare & Contrast Ideas
- Oven vs. Microwave
- Physics vs. Chemistry
- Our Galaxy, Milky Way, and Andromeda, the Closest
- What Makes Earth Different from Mars
- First Mission to Moon and Second Visit: What Are the Differences and Similarities?
- Thomas Jefferson or DaVinci: Whose Innovations Matter More?
- Earthquakes or Tsunami: Which Consequences Are Worse?
- Limited Control Tools or Software with Fool Access to Navigation
- Formulas of Two Different Chemical Reactions
Popular Compare & Contrast Ideas
- Soccer vs. Football
- Chinese vs. Korean
- Public Opinion vs. Personal Point of View: Discuss Subjectivity & Objectivity
- Juice and Water
- Light Beer vs. Dark Beer: Which One Is More Popular?
- Anorexia Nervosa and Obesity: What Is More Dangerous?
- Marriage and Divorce: Two Sides of the Coin
- Windows or Linux: Paid vs. Free OS
- Marxism vs. Other Ideas of Capitalism
Philosophy Compare & Contrast Ideas
- Is Home Really a Better Place Than Miami Beach?
- Life and Death: Various Philosophical Views
- Living in Your Dreams or Living in Reality: Pros and Cons
- Friends and ... Where Is the Edge?
- Physical & Mental Needs of Human Beings
- Reality or Fantasy World?
- Main Philosophical Ideas of Macbeth against the Main Ideas of Hamlet
- Dogs and Humans: They Are More Similar Than We Think
- Sources with Free Access and Rights Reserved: Should We Protect Intellectual Property?
- Greek Philosophers vs. Roman Philosophers
Compare and contrast essay topics for college students might be tricky to choose. The whole process of academic writing is even longer and more complex. Online help from expert writers will save you a plenty of time. You just need to order a good essay from experts with the highest academic degrees in a variety of fields.
WE CAN WRITE FOR YOU ANY ACADEMIC TASK!
Wishing for a magic writing solution? – We’ve got one for you
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
- "Can you write my essay online for me right now genie?"
- "Where do I find a skilled writer to write my research paper?"
- "Can anyone do my term paper for me in 2 weeks?"
These are possibly some wishes that you could aim. The fact is, to achieve these wishes you can’t really have a real genie. EduBirdie is here to grant your wishes and help you. We are your very own essay genie.
How EduBirdie Can Help?
Basically, what we do is we help students with writing their essays online. When you wish "I want to pay someone to write my paper", then we're here for you! We come up with high quality written papers and we can tailor our process for your schedule. If you say that you need your essay in six days, we will deliver it. If the professor needs to see it in 24 hours, you'll get it within the timeframe. Like a real genie, we magically craft and come up with unique essays that are high in quality.
How to Place an Order?
Before we start to write your paper, you first need to take note of the procedure. Here are the steps how to place your order at EduBirdie quick and easy:
- Place the order via website – Indicate all important details about your order
- Choose your perfect essay writer online with bidding system - We have expert writers in all academic fields
- Watch over the writing process - You can observe the writer as he or she writes your paper. You can pay for the parts that are only worthy of payment
- Submit your paper and reach your goals - Get the best grades with the help of EduBirdie! Slowly, you are getting closer to your goals.
What Kind of Papers Can I Order?
Thinking "I need someone to write an essay for me" is nice but lacking. Please clarify the type of essay you need:
- Critical Thinking
- Creative writing
- Research paper
- Term paper
- and more!
Who Are Our Essay Writers?
At EduBirdie, our writers are the genies that grants your essay wishes. Be assured that EduBirdie writers are skilled in doing academic papers because we only accept experienced writers to join our exclusive team. Aside from that, we also have a complex screening process to weed out inadequate writers.
Direct Chat With Writer
When a customer entrusts his assignment to the writer he is looking forward to any feedback from him. Our company understands this because it is really important to know about the progress of the work that you must submit for the mark in the college.
We offer you to trace the progress on any stage of writing through the direct chat with the writer. If you have issues on your paper you can write your questions and comments directly to him. A good contact of the writer and the customer is a cornerstone of the order`s success.
We understand that there could be situations when a client have already placed the order but forgot to specify that all the sources must be cited in the work. He may also forget to include other essential points into the instructions of the order.
During the cooperation with EduBirdie you can send all the information immediately to the writer and be sure that your order will be completed according to all the requirements on time. Our custom paper writing service is available for you 24/7.
The Reality Today – Why Choose Our Services?
Let’s face the usual problem that students have to battle every day at college. It boils down to a struggle with time. Time management is considered vital to succeed in your student life but students do not practice it well. Tons of requirements pile up on a student’s lap. It comes to a point when writing an essay is not a priority anymore. EduBirdie will make it its priority for you. Students are our priority.
First, we only offer quality essays. For a considerably low rate of $16.00 for a page, we guarantee that the paper will be worth it. We created the system in such a way that you just pay for approved parts of your paper. No risk involved for you. Request for revisions if you feel it is lacking in any way. We would welcome any kind of revisions.
How About Moneyback Guarantees?
EduBirdie has a promise – we offer a money back guarantee if you detect any problems with your paper. Maybe you are not happy or satisfied with the work done, do not worry. EduBirdie will refund to your account the full price that you paid. This is 100% money-back guarantee!
We Are Your Essay Genie - EduBirdie
Truly, we are your academic genies and we grant wishes for your academic problems. Push your problems away by placing the order today! After doing it, you can now relax and watch our magic as we create your paper from scratch.
Don’t Want To Write An Essay? Pay For It!
Very often students can’t write college essays themselves for many important reasons. Good solution is to pay for essay. Why bother your friends, groupmates, relatives with your problems when you can pay someone to write a paper?
Paying for an essay is the most convenient solution of your problem. The reasons of not being able to write it yourself may be various. Most students experience exhaustion during the study. Others experience lack of sleep. Foreign students often have a part time job which allows them to pay for their study, many can’t adapt to foreign language.
You deserve to have some free time. Don’t allow other people defining how much time you have to spend for yourself. If you ask yourself “How can I pay for essay?” the answer is “Very easy!” You can place an order in a few minutes. You will gain highly qualified essay, fast delivery, and free time. The wide range of clients from different universities from all over the world has already experienced all the advantages of online college assistance. Do you want to be next?